Fundamental SWOT analysis as of June 2017
- Excellent resource sizes and grades for Vanadium at Mokopane (285MT ore @ 0.68% V2O5 – Mokopane Vanadium PFS Page 10), Brits and Vametco (135MT ore with average 2.1% V2O5 in magnetite – Vametco Purchase RNS)
- Excellent resource sizes and grades for Tin at Zaailplatts (12.5kT Tin, @ 0.106%- Mokopane Tin Scoping, Page 2), Groenfontein (6kT Tin @ 0.15% – Mokopane Tin Scoping, Page 2) and Uis (>90kT Tin @ 0.14% – Uis Acquisition)
- Established low cost mining and processing of Vanadium at Vametco
- Established mining licenses and infrastructure for Tin processing at Uis
- Perceived political corruption in South Africa
- Ability to leverage low cost vanadium production to help kickstart long-term higher value VRFB market
- Strategic partnership with IDC and UET to position South Africa as potential VRFB electrolyte and battery manufacturing hub
- Strategic partnership with SinoHydro and Power China to build coal mine and only power plant in south western madagascar
- Tawana to report of tailings grades of Lithium Oxide at Uis tailings and potential for construction of lithium processing plant there.
- SA Mining charter becomes law unchallenged by the Chamber of Mines (though would not affect Imaloto or Uis) – though this looks unlikely – #NotOurCharter
- China might start its own giga-sized vanadium mining and processing projects to feed the 250,000 tpa needed just for the Fangchenggang Energy Storage Industrial Park or the 27,000 Tonnes of V2O5 needed for the 5GW.h Dalian Battery
This article only conveys the personal opinion of the author. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the content is accurate, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the data shown. This article does not constitute professional, financial or investment advice and must not be used as a basis for making investment decisions.
Site content is not authorised by the FCA and you are not safeguarded by the Investor Protection measures of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. See our full disclaimer